The Masonic Hall, Londonderry

The Masonic Hall, Londonderry

Londonderry Ireland Mortar restoration Masonic hall RM

Built in 1754 and formerly known as the Bishop’s Palace; the building was once home to Bishop Harvey, Earl of Bristol, who had it largely reconstructed to his design. In 1798 it was used as a barracks and the gardens became a parade ground to the city walls.

Reference identification data
Construction project:
Façade restoration / natural stone
Building type:
Historically protected / historically valuable buildings
Short description
The exterior of the building was completely refurbished and Remmers RM was used to reconstruct the decorative elements. Large sections were rendered with a lime render which also required a breathable, durable coating system that is compatible.
Contractor:
Londonderry Masonic Hall
Site address:
BT48 6PR Londonderry
Can the work be viewed?
No

Sample of products or systems used

  • RM
    RM

    Art. No. 0750

Download

Download reference as PDF